FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frustrating Secondary Gate Screening at LHR
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:15 pm
tennessetom

I flew thru Heathrow yesterday. As always I did olci. When I got to the gate the agent said because I did olci I had to go for secondary screening. Not normally the case but whatever. Of course there wasn't actually a person at the table to perform secondary screening. After about five minutes I was let into the gate area and told to wait for a screener. I sat down in the gate area started working and pretty much forgot all about screening. A good ten minutes later a red coat agent came over and asked for my passport. I handed her my passport and about three minutes later she came back and gave me a paper boarding card. I asked her what it was all about and was told that there were a ton of new hires for the summer - keep in mind that many of the people at the gate are security employees not virgin/delta employees , the computer was giving out odd codes when scanning boarding cards and I was flagged for passport review not secondary screening. I really think this is more about the London equivillant of tsa where they have been increasing staff and not all are totally familiar with why a boarding card is beeping s not really a delta issue