FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dresden {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:15 am
treppenlaeufer

Programs: HH Diamond
Mixed feelings

One night stay, booked deluxe. HH Diamond (on stays, not CC, status matched or similar etc).

arrived very early - 9:15am. Was informed at CKI that I was "very early" and my room would not be ready. Askin if any other room was ready, the response was that the hotel was very busy and guests can stay in their rooms until noon. They'd be happy to store my luggage. I asked about exec lounge access to get work done, I was quite firmly told that breakfast service was still taking place, and my room rate included breakfast but only for the day after. I said I didn't want to eat, just have a water and a good space to work. I was told no, there were public areas I could sit in. I then did the rare thing of protesting at CKI, that for someone staying at a lot of Hiltons I never had experienced something comparable - and that I would just have a drink and not eat.

The supervisor waded in and stated that the lounge was very busy with breakfast service, so space was a problem. We agreed I could use the lounge after breakfast time. I decided not to push it further, especially as of course I was indeed early, and it is their call on what they can offer. As a farewell I was told that they were unable to call me when the room was ready (I asked) I'd need to enquire with staff again later.

​​​​​​I decided to settle in the business centre, right outside the lounge. Lounge was empty. I called downstairs and reported that the lounge was in fact empty. I believe it was the supervisor I spoke to again. Things picked up from there: the lounge host was informed for me to be let into lounge, and the host was very friendly and helpful. Not long after my room key was delivered to me - a pleasant surprise after that start! Even though I still wonder whether I have a sense of over-entitlement that somehow mislead me here.

Welcome gift: Apple, banana, kiwi.

​​​​​​afternoon tea: basic! Two sorts of simple cakes and a fruit bowl.

​​​​upgrade from deluxe to executive floor. No view of much, unless the office building right opposite (5m) counts.