FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:54 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by alphaod
After a long time of not renting cars, just started my first rental this year at LAX and I have to say the "Ultimate Choice" was a bit confusing at first but overall the experience has been good so far. There were many good choices including small cars and huge SUVs. I was going to pick up a Cadillac XTS, but instead I went with a brand new Jaguar XE.
Nice vehicle! Did you pay an upgrade fee for that or was it in the regular Ultimate Choice area? Are you Hertz 5* or President's Circle? It's uncommon for a vehicle like that to be in the regular Gold UC area.

Originally Posted by alphaod
The only weird thing was the guy in the front of me in the exit lane insisted on a doing a walk around. Everyone was bewildered.
It's not weird at all. I always do this, and I suspect many others do as well. Those of us who rent cars often have at one time or another been accused of causing damage that was already there when you picked up the vehicle. Best to not any dings, scratches, etc. on the rental form to avoid surprised at the end of the rental. It literally takes 30 seconds to do a quick walk around the vehicle.