FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: Radisson BLU Royal Hotel, Dublin, Rep. of Ireland
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:21 am
arollins

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by alc
Just wondering if we have any recent stay from this year. My family and I will be staying here (rewards booking) for a few nights in the summer. I am not a frequent stay at Club Carlson and hence not sure exactly what I should expect as a Gold member, other than what posted on the Club Carlson web site. Also do want to confirm around the breakfast where when I am entitle to and when I do not as a reward booking. Thanks.
As a Gold member, you should expect to get the room you booked. Upgrades on award reservations are more subject to the hotel discretion, same as the free breakfast. I would suggest to email the hotel directly to confirm your reservation and remind them that you are a gold member and will hopefully like to have an upgraded room and or free breakfast. Most likely you will get one of them. Personally, I opt for free breakfast rather than the upgrade. Depending on what you feel is more important to you, should be the first thing to ask. Also at check in, show your card as well.

I've noticed that for Carlson, you have to be a bit upfront with your benefits.