FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:24 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Plus there will be phone booking fees.
Is the price difference between roundtrip vs two singles that high? I often buy singles and have never seen more than a few euros price difference? (sometimes the singles are even cheaper)
I ALWAYS buy singles and, for me, there has NEVER been any fare difference (maybe other that due to currency rates as I often fly to non-euro countries).

So.. I would book the outbound L fare and wait on booking the return until the cheapest upgradeable fare becomes available (S class) or book a Flex for the return. But, as the return currently on offer is already T class, then S is the next bucket and the fare will typically be about 30 Euro more, so that's probably cheaper than booking flex.

Another trick, if you don't want to wait until S shows up on it's own, is to make a dummy booking in a second browser window to tie-up those T class seats (maybe for 4 or 5 people) and then see if you can get a S fare in your other session. It's a bit fiddly buy at least then you won't have to remember to keep checking back and risk missing S class.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Apr 28, 2017 at 4:33 am