FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "New" BKK lounge for MH (and a few others)
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:03 am
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
"New" BKK lounge for MH (and a few others)

Ok. So the next time you depart from BKK and thumb your nose up when the check in agent starts writing out a lounge invite to what you think is the Louis Tavern lounge as you will probably be heading to the CX lounge... DON'T.

The Louis Tavern has been replaced by the Miracle Lounge group and it just so happens that I was there yesterday at their Grand Opening. There are altogether 6 Miracle Group lounges throughout the airport. But the biggest and best is the one at Concourse D. Just after the Priority Lane Security and Immigration lane, you walk out to that Thai statue with the long... rope, tentacles (I forget) and walk straight past it in front of you and you will see the Concourse D escalator and elevator.

There are two entrances. The first one is the Business Class entrance and further down the hall is the First Class entrance.

The lounge is huge. With lots of seating, and munchies.

But the piece de resistance is the Open Kitchen - which will serve Chicken/Roast Duck Rice all day (you can see the hanging fowls), and noodle soups, and mango and sticky rice. The Open Kitchen closes at 9pm though the lounge is open 24/7. There is a smorgasbord of food. I kicked myself for having eaten at the S&P restaurant before checking in for there was so much food to be had here.

(Vegetarians look away)

You can just make out the mango and sticky rice in the far right corner

SUSHI

The food offerings look almost the same though I am told that the wines in the First Class section is better. There is an open bar (obviously) and even one at the Bamboo Garden which is situated in an open area outside the lounge for smokers.

COZY CORNER

SMOKERS : HERE YOU GO !

YOUR OWN OPEN BAR (and FRIDGE TOO)

SHOWER FACILITIES:

WASHROOM

FUNNY THING IS THAT THERE WASN'T A HAND DRYER!

The lounge is open to other OW airlines like UL, AY, QF, and others like TK, NH, ET, OZ, AI (who probably don't want to use the ever packed TG lounges) and a slew of other airlines plus Priority Pass members.

THE LOUNGE ALSO ACCEPTS :

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Apr 29, 2017 at 10:33 am