FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:22 am
terpfan101

Originally Posted by jsloan
Unfortunately, it isn't possible to link PNRs to help with missed connections. However, if you are willing to pay for the standard award from WAS to YYZ, try using multi-city search to insert YYZ as an additional destination. UA to AC has a one hour minimum connection time at YYZ, and I'd argue the sensible connection time is closer to two hours, especially if you're planning to stop at the lounge or at a restaurant.

Anyway, under the new policy, this will price as a one-way intra-North America standard award plus a round-trip North America to Europe *A award -- in other words, an extra 25K, assuming you choose coach for the WAS-YYZ leg. I just tried this out and I can verify that it priced correctly.
Good to know and yes I tried it and it worked exactly as you described even with the many routes. However as I was getting ready to book I ultimately decided it didn't make sense to pay 25k miles for me and my wife for a flight that'd cost $160 each. I'll pay cash and go with a flight that gives me at least 4 hours connection time.