FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer time for miles VX to AS
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:13 pm
caseminole

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
caseminole, after seeing your last message I went on onto my account and did a small transfer. 350VX points to 455 Alaska Airline miles.

All times PDT

1:53pm: requested the transfer
1:56pm: received and email from Alaska Airlines mileage plan stating my request was in progress and would be available soon
2:00pm: received email from Alaska Airlines mileage plan that transfer had processed

I logged into my mileage plan and the points had been converted and were deposited into my account. So literally 7 minutes for everything.

Did you receive and email stating the request was in progress?

3-5 days just sounds wrong compared to this experience in the last 1/2 hour. I would call back again, Mileage Plan, and explain transfers are taking less than 10 minutes and for which ever reason your accounts are not linked. Ask for a supervision who knows about this issue.
*sigh*

Thanks for this! Something just didnt add up, and my hunch turned out to be correct.

My last name on VX is YOUNG JR

My last name on AS is YOUNG with JR as the suffix.

So the last name isnt matching.

You can address that issue on the transfer form, which i will do once this 2nd attempt fails