FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Masterclass in Mis-managing IRROPS (LGW-JFK)
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:28 am
simons1

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Absolutely CWS but you have to remember many passengers do not have that much money on them to just book a 200 GBP a night hotel without worrying about going over their credit limit, and then waiting for BA to pay them a month or so later. And with the way BA's reputation is at the moment, I doubt many passengers would even believe that BA will pay them for booking their own hotel, even though the regulation provides for it!

BA should have dealt with this better. The main issue here seems to be lack of staffing, and unwillingness to pay for hotels. The fact that people were left without hotels overnight is absolutely disgraceful in my book. This is London, not the Sahara Dessert.
Exactly. I can imagine the stress if this type of thing happened to my parents (80s) or kids (20s) or indeed anyone else who is an inexperienced traveller.

Let's face it, BA don't really give a wotsit in these situations. No point pretending otherwise really.