FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:53 pm
Travelomania

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Csfing1
How many MQM with that itin?
MQM as posted: 32,349
20k miles for all the horror in Atlanta as an apology.
Claim for expenditures after missing baggage during 6 days is pending. It took approx 12 hrs of work to get the baggage located and 6 days to deliver to address at the time.
Had to work solely with wifi: Twitter (numerous times), Facebook, phone (numerous times), email (numerous times) etc.

Please give us a report of your trip. How many hours and MQM with that trip? Happy Travels to all and be glad you are flying Delta! Blessings to all!
All travel completed over the course of 10 days with a short stay in Amsterdam (birthplace) and Santiago.
Total time in the air: 69 hrs and 44 minutes.
Total layover time at airports: 47 hrs and 16 minutes.
Spend too many hours to count in various lounges during the trip - especially Atlanta was grueling with endless lines as far as the eye could see and no food or drinks left in the lounge we chose closest to our departure gate. Folks sleeping all-over and in lounges that stayed open all night to help and accommodate stranded passengers.
No one available to check bags after arrival in the middle of the night at ATL or even a single DL-person who could explain what was happening and what to do.
Had to push our baggage (mind you, checked baggage) through scanners at the only open TSA check-point to have it later gate-checked - no one cared.
(One can imagine what could have been brought on board without any check !)
Flight DL147 from ATL to SCL had two crew (luckily we had pilots ! ) who were completely worn out and had not slept for days.
So, all pax on board (nearly full flight) decided to give them some much needed rest.

All in all it was an adventure and actually fun !
Work can be easily done in the air and in lounges.
I never do a MR for the sole purpose of accruing (status) miles, flying to some random destination and do a quick turn around, but rather visit places that have my interest, a purpose to visit and make me want to stay a little while.