FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITC Maratha, Mumbai, India [Master Thread]
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:02 pm
frmnj

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Try a different hotel if you can

Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
I'll be staying here for an evening coming up in May. From Google maps it appears to be directly across the street from the International Terminal. Is it walkable from the terminal with a small bag?
If at all possible, try a different hotel. I have stayed at this property about five times - thrice in the last six months. Elite recognition is poor, I was recognized and upgraded just once. Room sizes seems to have become progressively smaller with each visit, and the stay last week took the cake - tiny room, shower and flush not working properly and mosquitoes in the room! I guess they knew it was a problem since there were three mosquito lamps in the room. Moldy/stinky chair at breakfast and pool not working. Lots of employees walking around, not sure what exactly they are doing other than talking to each other.

Of all the hotels close to the airport, this one has the best selection of restaurants. But for the amount of money I am paying ($300 per night), I am going to try the JW Marriott close by - seems like a newer and much better option. Wont get the stay credit, but SPG and Marriott statuses will match and I can move the Marriott points earned from stays to SPG. The ITC Maratha is unfortunately a overstaffed, uncared for, tired 3 star hotel with very loose affiliation to Starwood.