FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated Greater Los Angeles Area Restaurants Thread (2015 - Date)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:06 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
"Now Boarding" Restaurant, W. Hollywood, CA

Has anyone eaten here or had drinks. Sounds like it would be a great place for FTers

A friend of mine in LA posted about it recently on his blog.

"Last night I had a much more pleasant flying experience, at a lounge called Now Boarding, in West Hollywood, designed with a glamorous 60s airline theme. Lots of gold fixtures and vintage luggage, and a “steward” pushing an old drink cart around the place, making martinis at tables.

The bartenders wear captains’ uniforms, harkening back to a time when our pilots flew drunk and we liked it. The drink menu resembles a safety card, which is a nice touch.

Adding to my personal, cool experience was that I happened to be there with the great-great granddaughter of Juan Trippe, founder of Pan Am. (Alec Baldwin portrayed him in The Aviator.) I was hoping the bathrooms would be super cramped and stainless steel, but this was not the case. Love the place nonetheless."

Here's the website for the place:

http://www.nowboardingla.com/

"A Mid-Century Cocktail Lounge inspired by the Golden Age of Air Travel, located on Santa Monica Blvd. in the heart of West Hollywood."

Look forward to any trip reports by FTers.

Cheers.