FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:03 pm
NotaCriminal

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United
Originally Posted by mauve
...Also, I find that I trigger a WTMD more often than a MMW scanner, so I am considering if I should take off my shoes and belt even in Precheck, but that will probably invite attention or orders to leave them on.
While I typically fly in shoes and belts that have not caused an issue in the past, sometimes I want to wear something different. I now remove the belt I know triggered an alarm in the past. I've not been bothered so far, including on my Friday flight. I do remove the belt and put it in my briefcase before I get to the rollers, so maybe they've just not seen me do it. Don't care. I'm not going through a grope because the TSA says their machines are different from LAX.

On Friday, the TSA yelled at a woman in front of me for removing her shoes, and she refused to put them back on. She said the shoes trigger WTMD in ATL and LAX. The TSA agent replied that CMH was not LAX. Passenger just ignored him, put her shoes on the belt and walked through untouched.

No "random" grope or bag check for me on Friday. We'll see what Sunday at LAX brings. The TSA PreCheck line at CMH/C Councourse at 6 a.m. was backed up 15 people at the ID check because the screening area had backed up thanks to gropes and bag checks. Meanwhile, there was no one in the regular line for ID check or screening. I used the premium line and went to Precheck, and that was the longest wait I've had to date to get through screening since getting PreCheck. I did consider going through the regular line, but didn't feel like digging out my laptop.