FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBC: Dad, 2 young kids ordered off Air Canada plane after mother turned away at gate
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:34 am
skybluesea
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
I am curious what level of precision do people expect for an airline that in 2015 carried 41 million passengers.

We are not talking about corporate flying here where Precision is paid for at an extreme level - you get what you pay for, and who believes for a second anybody is asking AirCanada will get it right all the time.

Even an error rate of .0001%, only translates into a few thousand people affected, of course not pleasant for those impacted, but come on what do you really want to have happen here.

Entire threads are full of thanks to AirCanada employees for a job well done, so those don't count when considering in balance overall performance?

How many CBC articles have we seen that reflect when AirCanada goes over and above the call of duty, which is my point about what AirCanada has done in the past about when humanitarian need exist and may happen in the future with South Korea, don't see many of those news pieces, But of course sleaze sells newspapers.

If you really want to understand the phenomena of why minutiae such as this gets exaggerated attention , read Thinking, fast and slow by Nobel laureate Kahneman - in my estimation, the most brilliant work to come out of academia in the last 30 years.

And why is everybody rushing to CBC to complain, when there is a process first with the airline, and if not satisfied, then with the canada transport agency, neither of which cost any money to deal with.

Is CBC ambulance chasing here, just maybe