FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MQD waiver, how does it work?
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:34 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Blackfox
The regular Amex Platinum does give the Sky Club access and Comp cert (useless) as well, so really the only benefit of the Delta Reserve in my case would be the MQD waiver and the MQM booster, right? And I won't be able to use it properly if I start mid-year, right? And I would get less value than the 5xMR, right?
So what's the point of this card anyway now?
Originally Posted by matthew64832
You can use it if you can spend over $25/30k before Dec 31 this year, which really isn't that hard.

The certs are different, I believe - the Delta one is potentially easier to use? At least, I haven't found the DL one useless, while I've heard that complaint often about the amex platinum charge card cert.

The Amex plat does give sky club access (for now). The Reserve also theoretically gives some tiny % increase in tie breaker for upgrade list ordering.
The Amex Platinum (non-Delta) charge card does not have a companion certificate. It does have a non-airline specific international first/business companion program with unlimited bookings, but the required fare classes are usually so expensive that booking two discount tickets is cheaper.