FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest Hotel in Marrakech
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:37 pm
troyb

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by troyb
Any recent experiences at La Villas de Orangers? Trying to decide between it, the Aman, and MO. Thank you!
Well, it looks like Amanjena is off the list. After almost 1 1/2 weeks of back and forth between myself, my agent (Citi Prestige for the fourth night free, which is too good to pass up) and the hotel, I'm giving up. Apparently the hotel couldn't process/authorize a charge on my card to confirm the reservation and can't seem to figure out a way to get it booked. On top of that, the folks at Citi said the hotel was a little nasty to them over the phone as they were trying to resolve the issue. I feel like if they can't get this right, it's probably downhill from here.

Now my options are down to the FS and MO at approx. EUR 300 and EUR 500 per night, respectively (after Citi's rebate). I am holding a reservation at Villas de Orangers but think we would prefer a resort over a riad for this trip.

Any specific thoughts on the Atlas Suite at the MO? Seems pretty nice for a base room.