FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:26 pm
no1cub17

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
I agree fully. In other cases similar to this, I have noticed the victim/plaintiff has made the rounds on the news shows, trying to stay relevant and garner sympathy with the public in hopes that the settlement check (or the resulting verdict) will grow. That he's remained eerily silent and let Demetrio do the speaking for him speaks volumes to me.

On an aside: Demetrio has this whole 'absent-minded professor' thing on lock. Had me cracking up when he talked about the "Red Carpet Club" which hasn't been a thing for over half a decade. Looks totally affable and approachable, like you could sit down and have a beer with him, even if you're across the aisle. Kinda slow, measured in how he speaks and responds. All this stuff lulls you into a false sense of security that he can't vaporize you in the courtroom.
I was thinking the exact same thing. For such a high-powered guy, he does a great job of talking like a layperson. He uses simple, everyday phrases ("rude treatment") that anyone can relate to. No wonder he's as good as he is.