FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bali {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:19 pm
tt120

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Stayed here 5 nights over Easter and thought I'd share my experience / data points.

Booked a prepaid rate last fall - $129/nt for Garden Twin.

Prior to arrival hotel emailed me an offer to upgrade to the Conrad Suites for the equivalent of $100 a night. Didn't bite

About week from arrival I was playing around in the HH app and under request an upgrade for this reservation - Conrad Suites was offered for $50/night. Didn't bite

At checkin, without asking or request - was upgraded to Conrad Suites section for being a Diamond member!!

Short review :

Hotel and grounds are massive!! Truly didn't realize how big resort was. The Suites section is a nice little hotel within a hotel however, this does not seem to be fully realized. You really are far away from main grounds and lobby were the concierge is. I would have thought that the suites section would have own concierge and bellman. - After all there is a complete different entrance from the street. Private pool and cabanas were great here.

Room was huge and well appointed. Loved the patio lounger and being on the first floor having access to room this way.

We only did breakfast at RIN and the selection was more than adequate. Its a partial buffet and I found the quality to be good.

Went to the lounge 1 night - nothing spectacular. Drinks are ordered and brought to you and the food is not buffet but brought to the table.

All is all - good solid property - suites room was great.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. While the hotel itself was great - not a fan of the location- but that is based upon my interests. It was my first time to Bali and i really underestimated the ease of getting around the island. Ubud is a 2 to 2.5 dive for example. If you are looking to stay at nice resort and not really leave the property - this Conrad is for you. Lots of families with kids doing just that. Beach however is nothing special here and really only enjoyable in the mornings due to low tide in the afternoon.