FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sept. 2016: Another passenger "ripped" from her Business Seat
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:54 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Lani1
Not surprising, I watch UA employees treat folks with zero respect daily. 52 segments already this year, 120+ last 17 years - every year gets worse

Since 9-11 they have become unbelievably cocky and aggressive as they know they can get away with it

Many times I have had to bite my tongue...
My brother who is a now retired attorney ran a cottage industry defending pax on UA as well multiple other carriers that had run ins with airline employees. He said much the same thing to me that after 9/11 things just got crazy. Simple complaints lead to trumped up charges of endangering the safety of airline personnel and interfering with airline safety personnel. Some of these trumped up charges were initially listed as felonies with massive fines! He often quickly go them reduced but it was always a hassle for the charged individual and usually quite costly. Some of the stories I had heard over the years were crazy and appalling.