FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Available Award Space on G3 (Gol)
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:42 am
SCEflyer

No Available Award Space on G3 (Gol)

For the last ten days or so, I was trying to book two one way D1 award tickets to SCL, connecting through ATL and then GRU. DL.com was, and continues to show tickets available at 75,000 miles each. I worked my way through the entire booking process on at least five occasions, and everything appeared to be going well, until about 45 seconds after trying to purchase the space, I received an error message stating that the award was no longer available.

I then called DL reservations, and an agent tried to see if she could book it, but to no avail. The CSR then spoke with a supervisor, who stated that G3 seldom if ever has award space available, despite what is indicated on DL.com, particularly on low mileage awards..

I am posting this only to help others avoid disappointment and/or frustration when they see the awards being available, but then can't conclude the transaction.

For me, this is now a moot point. I was able to get two award Polaris tickets on UA for 55,000 miles each on our desired travel date, with only one connection instead of two.