FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:51 pm
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by joecool1885
What do you do for 10 nights+ though at a single resort?
3 or 4 snorkel/dive days, a sunset dinner cruise, private dinner on the beach, spa day, lunch or dinner at Ithaa still is only 8 nights if you did one activity a day. I like snorkeling enough, but more than 4 days of it? And Whale Shark snorkeling, of course!.
I can understand if the place is a tiny island and where there are 2, maybe 3 F&B outlets. At Rangali it's huge and there are so many places to eat at, walk around, laze on the beach at. The time just goes so fast. You sleep 8 hours, get up, wait for the OH to get ready; you know how long it takes the ladies to dress and do their makeup and whatnot and she's not exactly quick by any standard, i.e; really sloooooooow! Something like this.....

It's a struggle to get to breakfast before 10AM! After breakfast (11:30) you want to relax and let the food digest. By the time said food has digested, half the day is gone! The only time we have to do stuff is after her afternoon nap and before dinner (we live in a 40+°C/105+°F summer climate which lasts almost half the year, she naps for an hour (after breakfast) but I don't). I always say that we're gonna spend time at The Quiet Zone (one of my favourite places at Rangali) but never really end up spending more than an hour there in total out of our average of 7 nights/8 days.

In the afternoon you want to go snorkelling but then there's the option of afternoon tea (and maybe Happy Hour at Vilu afterwards). If we snorkel there's no time for that so it's one or the other. Or you might want to have a spa treatment but you can't really do it in the morning or at night (hence they're booked solid from 11AM through 5PM) so there's only the afternoon. God forbid you should do some kind of excursion as that will take up a whole afternoon, LOL! Seriously, there's no time left in the day. If we go in the water then every evening she has to wash her hair (there must be a million strands and it alone takes an hour to wash and dry ) and then another to dress and makeup so the two hours before dinner are gone. After spending 40 days there it feels like we've actually spent less a week actually snorkelling and relaxing properly. That's why we're planning on a 30-day or 35-day trip either the end of this year of end of 2018. At least we won't have that horrible feeling you get, the one where you realize that you're already 3 or 4 days into your 7 night stay and that you have to leave soon. Ugh!

But hey.....that's just us! End of rant!

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Apr 23, 2017 at 2:52 pm