FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber from Manchester to Leeds
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:15 pm
knifeandfork

I lost my wallet last year in Manchester. Needed to return to the first town in West Yorkshire (UK readers maybe familiar with the BBC's "Happy Valley", that's where we're talking.)

This was a Sunday night at about 8pm. Ordered an Uber. Prius showed up in 90 seconds. Gave him the postcode and he didn't bat an eyelid. Driver said he frequently takes people to Leeds, Liverpool and once even Shrewsbury.

Depending on the time of day you could get to Leeds and back into the Manchester Uber area in probably about two hours on a good run. I'd imagine an Uber driver would rather take £60-70 up top for two hours out of a shift.

Turned out I'd dropped the wallet in a black cab in Manchester on the way to a comedy gig. A german scientist called Wolfgang found it. He got someone from the plastics factory he was visiting outside Bolton the following morning to call me (they found one of my business cards) and wallet and all cash and cards, by then cancelled, back in my hand by 10am the next morning. All very lucky.