FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Eagle's Nest (LAX Remote/regional jet terminal) How to Fix
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:05 pm
E55

Eagle's Nest (LAX Remote/regional jet terminal) How to Fix

The Eagle's Nest has some things going for it... namely its own Admiral's Club. You might see additional benefits that I'm missing, but realistically, the AC might be about all it has going for it on the positive end.

The experience, as a whole, needs some attention for it to remain a viable option. Doing the math, a short connection in PHX via a mainline plane could add up to fewer minutes overall on some of the longer non-transcon desitnations.

Can the Eagle's Nest experience be dramatically improved by additional bus capacity alone? Wait times to get TO the Eagle's Nest from T4/T5 have easily pushed 20 minutes (plus the actual ride, which can be delayed on the road by plane cross traffic). And returning, 40 minutes of pure waiting after deplaning for a ride back to T4/T5 (plus the actual ride time).

Even with my expectations set low, the Eagle's Nest experience is not one that can keep me coming back. I can only imagine passengers who aren't prepared for the Eagle's Nest flight's quirks (like those sprinting from the bus to make their flight or connection).

What ideas might help it? Or is it hopeless... to be left to wither?