FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:57 am
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I goggled for their ethics statement.....

http://ir.united.com/~/media/Files/U...ss-conduct.pdf

Wow.... Over 60 pages. If you search for the word customer or passenger you will be disappointed. It is not customer centric at all.

Only reference to the word passenger is a Q&A

" Question: The Minister of Transportation of a foreign country is a regular passenger on United . Can I upgrade him to First Class?
Answer: No . Unless the Minister of Transportation satisfies the conditions for upgrade as applied to any other customers, you may not upgrade him."
References to customer consist of taking about ensuring you protect their personal data, not accept bribes and can only accept small gifts of under $25 but if they are not in the form of a gift card, unless the gift card is for a restaurant or food unless it is from amazon for which it can be accepted.

Customers are simply not a consideration in the 60 pages that defines the ethics of United airlines.
to be fair, that document was produced, IMHO, it response to the State of New Jersey incident. I think it's tailored to that, not an all encompassing document. There are other documents that are for other situations.