FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:23 pm
GadgetFreak
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by wendyg
It might be more germane to avoid Republic Airlines, the subcontractor that operated the "United" flight - because Republic also operates flights for American and Delta. Edward Hasbrouck, who's an expert on this sort of thing, writes about who's at fault here: https://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/002292.html#more

wg
Hearing on this forum that someone is an "expert" about flying reminds me of a joke.

A guy died and went to heaven. St. Peter met him and said welcome and told him that every new person gets to address everyone in heaven about an experience of theirs. The guy says great, I would like to tell everyone about my experience in the Johnstown flood.

So the guys big day comes and he's getting ready for his turn when St. Peter comes to the podium. St. Peter says, "Welcome to todays presenters. However, before we get to the normal agenda I want to announce we have a very special guest who doesn't always have time to join us but he's here tonight to speak to us about his experiences. Ladies and gentlemen, let's give it up for Noah!"