FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poor staff at CDG Customer Service desk
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:56 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Poor staff at CDG Customer Service desk

Little context

We travel to India from CDG on Air Seychelles( going back to CDG on 15 April Early morning), and we based at LHR
so we bought connection flights with BA

our return flight BA 327 on 15 April was cancelled by BA few months ago and we was recooked to BA 323 (moved 21.00 to 18:10)

we travelled 3 families 5 adults and 4 Children all on different bookings with BA
1 family decided to take day rate at Hilton CDG (65 Euro not much to get breakfast and better room with Diamond benefits, one downside evning food and drinks starts at 18.00 so we missed it because of flight change)

case
family nr 2. with my advice wanted to use advantage of flight change and take earlier flight at 10.30 (BA307) this should be free of charge!

so they went to Reebok this at checkin desk CDG, but BA Lady said what it will be costly, and tried to quote them 400Euro per pax, and said that it's no seats left at BA307, when I checked BA page they still selling tickets (4PAX), so I tried to say to it to this lady, but she replay way we don't want to buy this tickets?

pay for extra ticket when BA just cancel the flight and everybody was entitled to be move to another BA flight free of charge (cancellation was more than 2 weeks before flight so moved to another carrier was declined), it was ridiculous just to try to take advantage of this family by BA lady, I said to her what she was laying because seats was available for sell,
so I requested her to phone BA to sorted out it but she refused and said what it must be done for some other BA staff which was at gate at the moment, we waited 30 minutes nobody new show up, so I advice them to phone just BA customer service to sort it out,
they find out what at BA307 was 3 seats left (they have 1 more but it was taken half our earlier)
so family decide to split and take BA307 and 1 pax on later flight and they pay nothing for change...

for me it's sad what staff at check in is so useless when they have more power to fix things
but worst they wanted money to change flights in this situation.....