FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Current Marriott Gift Card, Cash Back, Tricks & Promos
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:14 am
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Linda Marshall
I'm going to be staying at the AC Marriott, Juan Les pins near antibes, France in August for 4 nights. Originally I was going to book The Room through City concierge for the 4th night free benefit. While shopping around to compare rates, i discovered that the price listed on the Marriott site is significantly higher than the same room available through hotels.com. The difference is around $150 per night. Then I saw the Marriott BRG deal (!) and realized this was essentially the same value as the prestige 4th night free, but better because I could use my Marriott card and earn additional points. Now I'm wondering about other ways to make this an even better deal.... for example using a portal for Marriott where I could earn 4% cashback? I'm also trying to make sense of whether it would be better to use my Marriott card for the purchase (3×??) or go to Home Depot and buy a Marriott giftcard and get 5% back with discover. Or even better, use another a portal to go to Home Depot online (or Staples with my ink card) to buy a Marriott giftcard. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the options-- can anyone weigh in here and tell me what I might be missing or the best way to proceed with getting most out of this deal?
Thanks!!
Hotels.com rates will often result in you not earning MR points for the stay since they fall into some weird bulk rates category..... I did this a couple times in years past only to be disappointed by not receiving my points for the stay. Do the perks from the CC's make up for this?