FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Current Marriott Gift Card, Cash Back, Tricks & Promos
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:22 pm
Linda Marshall

Maximizing Marriott Rewards

I'm going to be staying at the AC Marriott, Juan Les pins near antibes, France in August for 4 nights. Originally I was going to book The Room through City concierge for the 4th night free benefit. While shopping around to compare rates, i discovered that the price listed on the Marriott site is significantly higher than the same room available through hotels.com. The difference is around $150 per night. Then I saw the Marriott BRG deal (!) and realized this was essentially the same value as the prestige 4th night free, but better because I could use my Marriott card and earn additional points. Now I'm wondering about other ways to make this an even better deal.... for example using a portal for Marriott where I could earn 4% cashback? I'm also trying to make sense of whether it would be better to use my Marriott card for the purchase (3×??) or go to Home Depot and buy a Marriott giftcard and get 5% back with discover. Or even better, use another a portal to go to Home Depot online (or Staples with my ink card) to buy a Marriott giftcard. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the options-- can anyone weigh in here and tell me what I might be missing or the best way to proceed with getting most out of this deal?
Thanks!!