FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:14 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Doubletree Oklahoma City Airport - Stay Report 4/15-16

Location: The hotel is located on Meridian Avenue about a mile south of I-40. It's actually fairly far from the airport (3 miles away) but this is where most airport hotels are clustered. nearby are a number of other hotels, gas stations, restaurants (one called Charleston's shares a parking lot with the hotel) and the like. Do note that the turn into the hotel is often misdirected on GPSs.

Hotel: The lobby of this hotel is lovely. They must have had a recent remodel and it looks great. The rooms and upper floors are definitely a bit older. The restaurant in the lobby serves dinner from 5 PM to 11 PM and they do have room service as well as a bar.

Check In: A really subpar experience. I asked about a suite upgrade and was told that "the windows in our junior suites leak and it's going to rain tomorrow". I asked how this was possible and she told me that she'd complained to maintenance about it but nothing was done. I don't know if this is true or not but it was thoroughly bizarre. Especially as it turned out I'd been preupgraded into a junior suite anyway.

Room: Actually pretty nice. Decent sized sitting area with couch and chair and desk though there weren't any easy to use outlets near the couch or chair and a comfortable sleeping area with a big bed. The bathroom was also quite nice with lots of Doubletree amenities in it. The wifi worked fine too.

Breakfast: Breakfast runs from 6-10 on Monday to Friday and 7-11 on Saturdays and Sundays. I was pretty impressed by the buffet spread, which Diamonds get full access to. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, tortillas, pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy and cold items of cereal, yogurt, fruit and breads.

My rate was $71 plus tax and the hotel is pretty good, but the whole check in issue/leaky suite issue was definitely off putting.

Last edited by CMK10; Apr 20, 2017 at 9:21 pm