FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WestJet to launch ultra-low-cost carrier 'Swoop’
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:07 pm
Symmetre

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Dear WestJet,

About that new ULCC.

Please, oh please, do not follow the path of Rouge...

Regards,
FlyerJ
That's the best post I've read on FT in some time. Thank you for it. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
WS is already no frills. Compare the on board service to AC and there is just no comparison.
I agree completely - there is no comparison at all. Westjet gate and cabin crew are inevitably efficient, professional, and friendly. Their aircraft are kept clean, and everything works - even the water in the lav! And unlike AC's staff, not once has a Westjet agent told me something that wasn't true, or treated me like anything less than a valued customer. You're absolutely right, there's no comparison at all. That's a major reason why I moved my travel spend from AC to Westjet in the first place.

Originally Posted by J. Leslie
Let me add my voice to those above...especially FlyerJ's excellent letter (which I could have written myself).
Having been rouged when it was first launched, I considered it a bait-and-switch, and haven't flow AC since.
By all means, develop a ULCC and go after that market...but don't repeat Air Canada's mistakes when doing so.
Again, I couldn't agree more. There is room in Canada for a great mainline airline, and there is room for a well-run ULCC. But I would not be happy to see the ULCC replace the mainline service.