FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dtw > pvg > bkk
Thread: Dtw > pvg > bkk
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:51 pm
frankflieslots

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Some people are confusing different things.

1)if connecting between DL/AF/KLM and MU/FM or v.v. you don't NOT need to pickup bags any longer. It doesn't matter if connection is domestic or international. Bags will transfer between DL and MU/FM. However if you are connecting onward to another carrier not listed above (say China Southern) you must pickup and recheck bags. There's big signs telling you this when you head to the immigration hall.

2)Also if transferring between the above carriers you don't need to go through the actual immigration line. There's a transfer line. If however transferring to again anyother carrier, say China Southern you must go through immigration, pickup bags, clear customs, and then recheck with the other airline.

These new procedures have only been in effect for a few months. Thus FA and airline agents still a lot of times tell you to pickup bags and recheck.
hi flyerCO, my bag was originally tagged all the way to TAO on the MU connecting flight. i was told before landing by the flight attendant to collect my check in bag after customs. my bag did come out of carousel. i grabbed it and realized i could make it to an earlier flight on china southern. that's when i rushed to terminal 2, ripped my tag and checked in for a new flight. i am always careful transiting through PVG.