FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:56 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rover4618
sdsearch thanks for the reply. Someone had recommended calling before I activate the card so if I am not going to get the bonus if I didn't activate the card I would not reset the clock and could apply again shortly after.

Any thoughts on that strategy ?
To add to what other have already said above (about that being bunk):

Nothing will make it possible to apply again shortly after, unless we find (and you then use) a "no 24-month language" link, or unless you happen to get a targeted promo in the mail with "no 24-month language". Those have appeared in the recent past; whether they will appear in the recent future is anyone's guess.

The clock has been reset already. The only thing you can do if you find out (and re-confirm) that you won't get the bonus is to cancel as soon as possible so to start your next 24 month cycle as soon as possible. (With the business card, it is not an option to keep one open for 25 months and then apply for another.)

But that's just the plan if you don't get the bonus. Obviously if they say you can get the bonus, you don't have to worry about any of this.