FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standard letter ???
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:27 pm
Down the back

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Question Standard letter ???

I recently took a 4 flight trip, all flights showed in the app with the avios & TP that would be earned. On the last flight I upgraded at the airport to CE. The first 3 flights Avios & TP have credited ok but on the last flight it hasn't credited anything (even that I took the flight). I contacted the call centre and they told me to upload the documents, I did this last night and less than 24 hrs later I have what seems a boiler plate response :

" Iberia's records confirm that you paid for a promotional upgrade to Business. While this allows you to enjoy the benefits of the new cabin both on-board and at the airport, I'm sorry to say the terms of the upgrade mean you do not earn extra Avios or Tier Points.
I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but, to be fair to all our Members, we have to stick to our membership guidelines, which you can see online at ba.com. "

Is this the same situation as EU compensation where initially they tell you "no" hoping you will drop it ? What confuses me is that before I upgraded the flight I was getting Avios & TP... The lady at LHR did have great difficulties doing the upgrade, it took her 15 mins and 2 different colleagues to help. It is only when I went to upload the documents I noticed she hadn't put my BAEC number on the new boarding pass. The missing flight is LHR to GLA.

Thanks for any help advice.