FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:40 pm
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Thanks also for the idea of doing the parks on arrival. Great tip, and hopefully useful to someone else out there. Won't work for us. We arrive on a Monday around 5pm... Not happy about arriving during rush hour, but hoping the NEX will help with that. We'll probably be exhausted since neither of us will have slept for quite some time. Leave some time early AM from RDU, change planes at ORD, then it's ORD non-stop to NRT. In economy.

Thought the after 6pm ticket was available only to children. At least that's what I recall from the Tokyo Disney ticket sales page.

Anyone here stayed at the Sheraton on the monorail loop? Maybe that's a good option for our first night in Tokyo since it's cheap (around USD $125 a night), close by, and all I really imagined us being capable of doing was checking in, unpacking, and crashing.
N'EX is a lousy way to get from Narita to Tokyo Disney Resort area - the biggest problem is that once you get to Tokyo Station, the transfer from the N'EX platform (in a sub-basement of Tokyo Station) to the Keiyo Line (a different sub-basement a couple of blocks walk from the N'EX sub-basement) is awkward, confusing and long.

My favorite route from Narita to Maihama is Keisei Sky Access Express (think typical unreserved subway train) from Narita to Higashi-Matsudo, change to JR Musashino Line to Maihama. Changing platforms at Higashi-Matsudo is MUCH easier than at Tokyo Station. I have typically taken this route in the late afternoon, and it seems to be in the opposite direction of most rush hour traffic. http://www.hyperdia.com

If you expect to be tired, check out the Limousine Bus service from Narita.
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/access/bus/
If there's a bus that works for you, you'll have door to door service - much easier than any train option.