FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dtw > pvg > bkk
Thread: Dtw > pvg > bkk
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:12 am
jrkmsp

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by No Smoking
Can you clarify what you're basing this on? IME DL to MU domestic connection last month, bag came out on the carousel post immigration. Are you saying if I'd just walked off someone would have picked up and transferred for me?

The baggage recheck station is after immigration, down the escalators and to the far left (for INTL to INTL this is N/A because you will transfer - it's reasonably well marked but the line can be backed up).

Transfer security was closed and I asked multiple people. I was instructed to exit, take the escalator up and re-enter through the regular domestic security.
I remain curious about this as well. My experience last summer was like yours, but I've seen flyerCO and others mention an improvement. I'm quite confident I'll have another transit through PVG later this year so I'm really keen to find out what's going on.

I spent an interminable amount of time in the awful transit area because my flight was delayed and the transfer agents refused to take my bag. Ultimately, I took my bag up to the counter, but that was only after a lot of badgering.