FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest Hotel in Marrakech
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:30 am
scented

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
As of yesterday, the new restaurant was still at least two weeks away from opening, based on the state of the interior. Staff were doing little or nothing to the space in the 5 days I was there, and there is no visible outside branding.

Other thoughts:
- the resort has definitely shown an improvement under the new GM. Staff morale and service levels are much improved over last year. The Italian restaurant in the central piazza is a massive improvement over the old space.
- as said above, the arrival and departure process is still a weak point - reception staff were pretty unimpressive
- service at the pool was also pretty average, with drinks taking 30 minutes to arrive
- they could make so much more of the terrace bar / restaurant - the attempy at live music was pretty half-ar$ed (think low level x-factor covers or sad guy with guitar). I just look at what they used to do at FS Sharm in the evenings as a great example - proper local live music, interactive bread cooking for the kids etc...

We still love this resort, particularly for families, and will definitely be back. The location cannot be beaten. Hopefully these are just the beginning of the improvements.

Thank you for this! Glad you had a good time and happy to hear you saw improvements as well. Trust me, those are just the beginnings, we need to give them a bit more time.

FS Sharm is a different machine, I understand what you mean but it should fit the location as well. They are still experimenting with the set-up and time, should be great when you are back.

I too love the central building of the resort and hope they will do something great with it, even after opening Quattro.

Will remind Blaise M again about the arrival protocols... I witnessed this as well and they can do much, much better!