FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:13 pm
aceflyer2

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Your numbers are much too big. If I were on that plane and witnessed the incident, I wouldn't have any claim for any trauma caused by witnessing it. I'd feel indignation, but not any kind of danger or anxiety. Your 200 million figure, I think it would be malpractice for a lawyer to recommend sticking at a demand like that and going to trial in the face of a reasonable offer. And the 2 million figure, no witness has any claim anywhere near that size.

Dr. Dao's responsibility is to himself. He has no obligation to onlookers, he has no obligation to crusade for justice. He should make his own choices. As soon as he asks my opinion, I'll think the matter over and tell him what I think. But I'm not sitting by my phone waiting for it to ring.
While the figures may not be as high as suggested, they will be much higher than most think. And I do think the others on board will have a case as well. People sue and settle for much less..