FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:05 pm
Fiordland

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by FrequentUnitedFlyer
I really think the situation would not be so catastrophic if Oscar didn't make those inappropriate comments. He let us all realize that how little he (or most of UA employees) cares for customers. He never specifically apologies for calling Dr. Dao disruptive and belligerent. He accused a paid customer before getting all facts. He announced no one is considered to be fired even though the internal investigation will not be completed till the end of the month. Basically, he is very fast at attacking customers and very slow at giving us the truth. Accusing a customer is not a system failure. That is setting up a bad example to all United FA and GA, and telling them it is okay to bully customer. Especially, Oscar is telling all United employee that no one will ever be fired insulting/attaching customers as long as you are helping United to gain profit.
I don't know is United the worst airline in US or not, but it is not hard to convince someone that you can get a better service from other airlines.
I do not understand what the United board does not issue a "true" apology for what Oscar did/said.
The "no one is getting fired statement" is pretty standard in aviation and other industries when dealing with major system failures and safety integrations. The principle is to determine the root cause of the program and you will never get to that if people are hiding information out of fear of being fired.

The issue is after all is said and done do you have the correct people with correct attitude to do the job once the system is fixed. I don't know.