FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC)
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:56 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmapr
Just pay it now and if it doesn't show up I'm sure you'll find a way to spend an extra $9.45 in the next billing cycle
Originally Posted by Happy
Chase website would NOT let me pay an amount above what is currently outstanding, including any pending. It grayed out the statement balance because it was already paid. It wont let me put in an amount that is more than the total of currently posted plus pending.
Originally Posted by dmapr
I recall being able to "transfer" an arbitrary amount from my checking/savings to my credit card account at any point, but it does require that you have a checking/savings with them. But you should still be able to send a check, no?
The saga continues.

Yesterday I did what you said and transferred an amount slightly more than covering both a pending dining charge AND the Net $9.45 I was told by the Chase CSR, from my Chase checking account. It did allow me to do it. So I thought it finally ends.

NOPE! This morning I checked Chase one more time before heading out to the cruise terminal later. I found my Available Credit was reduced but there was no pending billing to show that. After some reconciliation (due to the payment would have resulted a small credit but now I actually "owe".), I found that the full $49.45 IS now being "rebilled" as the Available Credit Limit is reduced by the Net of $49.45 + the overage credit resulted by the overpayment yesterday.

The $40 credit promised by the CSR IS NOT included in the Available Credit.

Last Thursday I saw the Available Credit was affected by a NET of $9.45. Now it is affected by a $49.45.

Since I bought TLL-HEL ferry tickets this morning at 44 euro, I went ahead transferring $100 from the checking account to cover both the $49.45 and the ferry tickets which I am not sure it would be treated as Travel until it is billed. (Still have lust under $50 travel credit to use for 2017).

Now I will not have internet access or at least affordable access from this afternoon thru May 1st the first port of call on the mainland. Satellite internet on the ship is ultra slow and ultra expensive at $070 per minute...

What a STUPID thing to do by going thru the full blown RC 76 dispute for a $2.35 difference. I would just write it off to begin with but the obsession of some posters here got to me and I foolish to do this "for the team" even though I am skeptical on the worthiness of such. Turns out my original hunch is right. It is totally NOT worth it.

It has caused tons of work for Chase and tons of time to follow up from me. Totally NOT worth the trouble. A very simple phone call on the DCC difference without all this gymnastic would be a much quicker resolution. In any case, it is the US Banks absorb the scam charge. Those who think that going thru the formal dispute process would make things better in the future, you are living in a pipe dream.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 19, 2017 at 8:06 am