FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:10 am
moretimeoffguy

Should I stay at a hotel closer to Disney the morning of my visit?

Thanks closetasfan. I'm an early riser--less of a night person. I'll have to see if I can avoid rush hour and still make it to the gates about 30 mins before opening. This is why I asked if it was worth it to stay On Property at Tokyo Disney to get in early / earlier. That's always my strategy in Orlando. However, the Disney themed hotel prices are outrageous.

Seems to be a perfectly nice Sheraton for around USD $160 a night on the Disney Monorail line. Should I book that for my one-and-only Disney day in Tokyo? The trip's chief purpose isn't Disney itself--it could be for many, I'm sure.

Thanks also for the info on FastPasses. Will have to read-up on it. Glad it's still a paper system, since I've been using WDWs paper FastPass system over dozens of visits through the last decade. Always strategic when a park opens what FastPass to get first; then I typically high-tail it to another high-popularity attraction and do standby.

For example, in the old days of paper fast passes at the Magic Kingdom, immediately upon entering the gates I'd grab a FastPass for Space Mountain, then do Standby for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Probably head to the HM, etc, then get the next available FastPass as soon as possible.

Also used to be the case that cast members would honor fast passes as long as you didn't show up earlier than the time slot. I now see at WDW the digital fast passes are strictly enforced, e.g. can't show up later than the one hour allotted window. Cast members would also often trade fast passes with you for different attractions. And again, I loved giving out unused fast passes to deserving looking couples or families.

Anyone know if the Tokyo Disney parks strictly enforce the one hour window? e.g. could I show up later and still use the fast pass? Wondering too if the Fast Pass systems are linked between the two parks re: when you can get your next fast pass.

Originally Posted by closetasfan
I would also definitely recommend DisneySea as opposed to Disneyland. Disneyland is Disneyland in Japanese, almost nothing different, while DisneySea is unique. Shinagawa to Disney is doable but not recommended as you will hit rush hour.

From what recall, fastpass is paper, and you get one per a certain number of hours. (basically have one fastpass all the time). I think weekday in sept you won't need a fastpass for most things, but I think you'd want to use it on the journey to the center of the earth if in DisneySea. In Disneyland, maybe the pass to get is Monsters Inc.