FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:59 am
moretimeoffguy

Thanks for the help. I think you intended to say you'd like to help given your history in Raleigh vs. withholding it. :-)

Yeah, I was concerned about Silver Week after I made my flight bookings. But:

1) Thought the last Silver Week was in 2015
2) Thought the next Silver Week was in 2025 (?). I wikipediaed it.
3) My dates in Japan are arriving Sept 25th, departing Sept 30th.

When I first went to Japan in the 90's, it may have been on or adjacent to Golden Week. In fact it may well have been Golden Week, since I was visiting an English teacher friend of mine.

So you're saying that now, official or not, late Sept is being promoted annually as Silver Week?

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
My understanding is that weekdays are less crowded than weekends and holidays. Sept. 18 (Mon.) and Sept. 23 (Sat.) are holidays in Japan. Since Sept. 23 is no Saturday this year likely there are people off on Friday, Sept. 22. I will say also avoid Sept. 18 and Sept. 22.

However, last few years media has coined the phrase “Silver Week” (as to Golden Week in May) during this September week, since people can have entire week off by taking three days of vacation. It is possible that Sept. 19, 20, and 21 will be busier than other weekdays.

I will help out little since you are from Raleigh, I did my post doc at NCSU and worked at Research Triangle Park for two years.