FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to optimize one day visit to Tokyo Disneyland (late Sept)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:54 am
moretimeoffguy

Thanks mnbp and others. Will give DisneySea another look; especially since I'm the type of guy obsessed with spotting and discovering the mechanism of act of practical effects / special effects. Love little things like the Pepper's Ghost effect used at ToT in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Tornado special effect sounds interesting. Have enjoyed the Indiana Jones attracting at Disneyland Anaheim. Wonder how different their version of it is. Love dark rides the most. Hated then they took Mr. Toad's Wild Ride out of the Magic Kingdom.

Anything like Big Thunder Mountain, e.g. lavishly themed coaster that isn't such an extreme ride that it would cause me motion sickness. I love and can handle Space Mountain--but Expedition Everest--despite its gorgeous and detailed theming, makes me slightly nauseous.

Another thing... this is a trip for me and my wife; no kids. Not that I won't go on attractions for kids (especially dark rides). Just not likely to attend any shows.

Can't do two days there. Just wouldn't see enough of Japan. Day One, I arrive in the evening from NC and will likely just crash at the hotel. The next four days are four full days to travel as I please. Day five, departure, is later in the day--around 7pm. So hoping there would be time to do something in the morning.

Wonder if I can't sample both parks in one very long day, perhaps a focus on DisneySea. I have absolutely got to see TDL's HM and merchandise. Non-negotiable.

Originally Posted by mnbp
If you are limited to a single day, go to DisneySea. There are numerous completely unique experiences at DisneySea compared with any other Disney theme park. The pre-show portion of Tower is amazing, and the Sinbad (Alan Menken-composed) musical boat ride is wonderful. See the actual tornado special effect inside Indiana Jones. Journey to the Center of the Earth is a thrill, and on and on.

My only "absolutely must ride" attraction at DisneyLand is Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Haunted and Pirates are both excellent at TDL, but Pooh is simply fantastic.

The real solution of course is to plan two days at TDR, one day at each park. TDL and TDS are paper fastpass parks.