FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:56 pm
sm82

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Going to JNB, your best (and potentially only) option is the T5 Galleries First lounge. The lounge has okay food choices and a very good alcoholic beverage selection. There are showers available through the Elemis spa to freshen up in between flights. It can get crowded here, but the lounge is big and has many different, "neat" areas to sit. You'll be allowed one guest as an EXP/Emerald, so you can bring your wife.

Heading home to the USA, you have several good options. If you're flying AA back to the US from T3, go to the Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge. This is probably the nicest First lounge at Heathrow. There is good champagne, good alcoholic beverages, and a restaurant area that serves excellent food (I highly recommend the Dan Dan Mein). You'll be able to have a complete, full-service, restaurant-style meal here. It's so nice that everything is uncomfortably free. There are also some nice shower facilities. Both you and your wife will be allowed in since you're an AA EXP/Emerald.

You also have the BA T3 First lounge, which has an okay dine-on-demand area and decent champagne. If you're into Johnnie Walker, this lounge carries Blue Label. If you're looking to shower, this place has the dumpiest showers out of the AA, BA, and CX lounges.

The AA Flagship Lounge and AAdmirals Club are also available. The Flagship lounge is not bad, but I would only come here if I had a very short layover. If I have a long layover at LHR, I move to this lounge about one hour before my flight departs because they will announce boarding/delays/etc. This lounge also has very nice shower facilities.
Oh, and wasn't aware there was a Cathay First Lounge there...we loved the one in Hong Kong we tried last year. They are definitely a change from Admiral Clubs in the states!!