FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steppenwolf Theater Chicago - "Linda Vista" production
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:33 am
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I saw it opening night and really enjoyed it!

To make this a bit more FT-focused, for visitors to Chicago who enjoy theater, please look beyond the Broadway in Chicago offerings to our diverse local offerings. (And while they may be local, they are still putting on world class theater.) I believe Linda Vista is getting its world premier at Steppenwolf, and if the name "Tracy Letts" isn't recognizable, you may recognize the name of his best-known work, August: Osage County. He's a member of the Steppenwolf ensemble, alongside some other great local talent...you know, people like Gary Sinise, Joan Allen, John Malkovich, John Mahoney and Laurie Metcalf.

The Lookingglass is another of my favorite theater companies here in Chicago, as is American Theater Co. The Goodman and Chicago Shakespeare Theater also stage great productions. But we have hundreds of other theater companies -- some of which call small storefronts their home -- that are staging great plays. And tickets are usually a fraction of what you'd pay for a Broadway/Broadway-style production. (As another indicator of Chicago's impact and influence on theater in the United States, the 2016 Tony winner for best play -- The Humans -- was staged at ATC before moving to Broadway. I didn't manage to see it, but based on other ATC productions, I estimate the ticket was about $45.)