FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:25 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by cubs105
I'm hearing backlash from people because the email only went out to 1ks apparently and us less lowly fliers are getting ignored. Oscar should have sent this out to everyone as this is an apology. To me it's a slap in the face
I feel it is a big mistake, but then I think most people (other than readers of this thread) know that UA appologized to GSs, and not anyone else.

Originally Posted by BearX220
There seem to be plenty of GS/1Ks who believe all other customers are insignificant. United apparently shares their view.

But as I have said many times on FT, you cannot fly UA to profit on 3 to 4 percent of the customer base and say the hell with the rest of you.
Kirby just said that 50% of revenue comes from "premium customers, those who fly you often" His formulation was very different than I have heard before from United.

Last edited by l etoile; May 4, 2017 at 11:22 pm Reason: Removed quote of deleted post