FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - beverage policy in coach for "short" flights
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:40 am
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
On BOS-JFK (on the 738) I have seen the FC FA serve FC from the cart and keep going back into coach while the YC FA's start from the back of coach and they go until they meet somewhere in the middle. Then FC pax get another round on the FC FA's way back up to the galley. Simple and effective.
I've seen this on LAX-SFO 738's, ORD-STL MD-80's, and DFW-AUS MD-80's. I agree that it is simple and effective, and that way everyone gets a drink.

I'm always impressed by the service on LAX-SFO flights.

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
The more frustrating item with this, is when they say this, but they still serve first class while ignoring economy. Unless they invented a plane where the first class cabin is free from turbulence when the economy cabin isn't, it's 100% BS.
I notice this a lot, and it always amuses me. I'd like to think that the crew would stay seated if genuine, moderate turbulence were forecasted. I guess people would ask more questions/make more requests if service were suspended due to a short flight duration.