FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:51 am
Purjelentaja

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Here's April's menu ex-ICN

Steamed sea bream with spicy soy sauce, grilled zucchini, sweet pumpkin and steamed rice (wish I chose something else. Bland tasting meal)
or
Kalbi Jjim - beef short rib, braised carrot, mushroom, and turnip, roasted gingko nut and steamed rice
or
Ham and cheese filled chicken breast with ratatouille, buttered broccoli and roasted jacket potato with rosemary

The purser came by, saying that they test the sae concept as on the A350 - basically a more personalised meal service, with the dishes served one by one. Nice idea, but took a long time - 2hrs from wheels up to main on the table.
Yep, you very obviously made wrong choice by selecting that sea bream. Thanks to your warning, I didn't choose the fish yesterday, but took that Kalbi Jjim and though I was quite suspicious of it, it turned out to be very tasty, and plated on new kind of oval dish, not those squared ones we all have seen dozens of times. Also got to taste the third option, the chicken breast, and it was very good as well. The dishes were very nicely presented, especially the starter, and somehow I feel that recently the food quality in long haul J in general has improved, both in presentation and taste, except on flights from US. One major thing I still miss is good desserts!

The new service concept trial serving the dishes individually not from the cart is a good enhancement, and with some adjustment they hopefully can make it also a bit faster. Apparently the tiral ended yesterday, at least on A330s, though, and obviously they are now making their conclusions on it.