FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this really First?
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:03 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
My question was indeed more about whether bedding is provided for all pax also during dayflights, less about whether the crew make it. But good to hear your experience that it is usually offered by the crew and bedding seems thus to be provided.
They are available to all passengers even on a day flight, although there have been some reports of supply issues recently.

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
What about PJs? Because those have been refused to me two or three times in the past. Negative exception when they were refused, or positive exception when they were provided?
I have never even needed to ask for it, even on day flights - they asked me if I wanted one on every F flight. Neither have I seen anyone having had to ask for it (except extremely early after boarding, e.g. as soon as they reached their seat) or refused one, although I have seen their running out of a particular size.

If they ever had to refuse pyjamas or bedding, most likely they had a supply problem (which I believe there was a recent shortage of bedding, some sort of a cleaning supplier issue if my memory serves me) rather than crew refusing them to people for the sake of refusing them.

They do occasionally run out of sizes and that could have a consequence if you really need a large and they've run out of large, for instance. Or, they were running out of bedding for some reason and you may have seen subload people refused them, perhaps. Or a supply problem leaving them short and those who didn't ask early ended up having to go without.

If you were curious, or you were not happy about it, you could always have asked a crew member in F if the bedding/pyjamas were available for all F passengers including day flights. I'm sure they'd have told you.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Apr 18, 2017 at 1:14 am