FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow, after reading many of the posts... (UA pilot post)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:43 am
cricketer

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
For what it's worth, I've been flying with United for many years, sometimes as an elite, and other years only occasionally. 99% of my experiences have been very positive. In cases where things have gone wrong, I've found customer service to be very helpful and they've gone out of my way to accommodate me.

I've found that the service and attitude I get from the United employees largely reflects my own attitude. I've met too many customers who somehow think the FA and GA staff are giving the poor service, when the issue is really with the "DYKWIA" attitude of the customer.
This mirrors my experience.

Just last week, for example, we had a 6 hour delay out of LAS. Half the plane was connecting to an international flight (mostly to Europe it seemed). The gate agents were phenomenal in dealing with the delay - they patiently and smilingly worked through every situation. The majority of the passengers were also unfailingly polite and very relaxed. I only saw two couples get flustered - and perhaps it's notable that they were both apparently SFO based. Plenty of expletives and cursing about how slow and incompetent the agents were. Alternative facts, I suppose.

I'll caveat by saying that I'm not naive enough to think that there are no flaws out there. That's the case with *any* organization at scale.