FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2017: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:07 pm
babypuwet

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Hi

I have some problems re BRGs for my upcoming stay in Bangkok.

1st night Aloft (multiple rooms)
2nd night Westin
3rd night Four Points
4th nigbt Aloft (multiple rooms)

My first claim was for the first room at the Aloft- it was approved with 2000 points.

I made the second claim for the Four Points (I chose 20%) but the agent commented like following:

While I was reviewing your claim, I noticed that you have multiple approved Best Rate Guarantee claims in Bangkok. Please, note that you will only receive on Best Rate Guarantee reward within a seven day period when staying in the same city or at the same hotel. Since the first claim that we received and is still linked with an active reservation was for Starpoints, I have processed your claim for Starpoints.

I know that I only can get 2000points for one time per week. So except my first night at the Aloft, I would like to get 20% discount but this agent seems to think "you only get 2000points as you chose this so no more 20% discount for further stays in this week".

Any light?
Thanks
I can only speak from experience. Although technically against their T&C, I have successfully received 2000 points on successive nights at different properties in the same city. I have also BRGd the first night for 2000 points and subsequent nights for 20% off and have not had a problem.